We support our mining clients in achieving optimum output and return on projects, and balancing operational efficiency with environmental stewardship
INTERA offers specialized expertise in developing and applying system-level models and other quantitative tools that incorporate a project’s complete water balance and allow informed decision-making with respect to overall water management. Our group of civil, geotechnical, and geological engineers bring the capabilities to evaluate existing mine infrastructure and design and oversee the construction of new or expanded water, sediment, and waste control systems. We also excel in establishing optimized monitoring plans and systems for collecting the data necessary to maintain regulatory compliance.
- risk-based compliance strategies
- site-wide water balance and water management
- geochemical evaluations and acid rock drainage prediction and mitigation
- design and engineering
- surface water engineering
- waste rock management plans
- evaluation and development of mine water supplies
- mine dewatering
- mine water management and optimization for sustainable development
- evaluation of water resources and mine waste for Section 20 of NI 43-101 reports
Energy Fuels Resources Inc.
San Juan County, Utah, USA
Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara Aktiebolag (LKAB)
San Dimas mining district, Durango, Mexico
Some of our trusted clients:
The groundwater modelling work and general solute transport advice and support completed by INTERA for ERA over the past decade has been of the highest quality. The current groundwater model and general understanding of the groundwater environment at Ranger and surrounds is the best I have ever seen. In my opinion this would be close to the best groundwater model in the world but is by far the best groundwater model in Australian mining.”
Learn more about our Mining services
We’d love to know more about your project, and we’re happy to share any information that might be helpful. Just fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch.