Focused on developing sound strategies for supplying and managing water resources, INTERA supports our clients by reducing water-related uncertainties
INTERA offers resource companies expertise in identifying the appropriate water supply, designing the right de-watering controls for underground construction, and developing and implementing the best tools to evaluate potential impacts of a mineral project on groundwater and surface water resources. Whether it is designing and implementing a testing program capable of evaluating a wide range of hydraulic properties, models that must accurately estimate an impact to water quantity or quality, or strategies that garner stakeholder and regulatory agency support, INTERA delivers solutions that advance projects from planning to construction.
- permitting and regulatory strategies
- characterization of aquifer quantity and quality
- production well siting, design, and installation
- design and implementation of hydrologic testing programs
- hydrologic impact assessments
- simulation of groundwater flow and transport
- design and implementation of baseline investigations of surface/groundwater and soils
- geotechnical characterization and engineering
- technical due diligence audits
- PEA, PFS and FS level geochemical characterizations of mine waste
- evaluation and development of mine water supplies
Resolution Copper (owned by Rio Tinto (55%) and BHP (45%))
Cordoba Minerals Corp.
Córdoba Department, Colombia
New Mexico, USA
Black Mountain Sand
Some of our trusted clients:
The groundwater modelling work and general solute transport advice and support completed by INTERA for ERA over the past decade has been of the highest quality. The current groundwater model and general understanding of the groundwater environment at Ranger and surrounds is the best I have ever seen. In my opinion this would be close to the best groundwater model in the world but is by far the best groundwater model in Australian mining.”
Learn more about our Mining services
We’d love to know more about your project, and we’re happy to share any information that might be helpful. Just fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch.